Monday, October 10, 2011

Drink...something mysterious

With a name like Kings and Spies, how could I say no?
It has been a long while since I have done a drink post, hasn't it? 


Given that I was without drink for a good year and a half I suppose it is only fitting. However, with the dry spell complete it is time to delight in all sorts of libations (in responsible moderation of course)! When they are deliciously local, all the better. 


I have to admit, Sea Cider had me at "spies". I have been meaning to try Sea Cider for a long time as I drive past the turnoff to the cider house on many a trip to the island to visit family. So when I was in the store today, it was the siren call of Kings and Spies that caught my attention.


The Kings and Spies referred to on the bottle are actually heritage apples. In this libation, King and Northern Spies apples create a wonderfully refined and grown up cider. The bottle also features an optimistic valve top (as if the whole 750ml won't disappear in one sitting!). And when you buy this specific variety of Sea Cider, proceeds go to Lifecycles. If it gets much better than this, I am at a loss for examples.


You can buy Sea Cider at specialty stores or they will kindly ship cases in BC for free. And if you find yourself on the gorgeous Saanich Peninsula, be sure to stop by and say hello.


Salute!

1 comment:

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

Mmm, Sea Cider. So good. They used to make a cider with pear that was amazing - it had hints of dill that made for a fun drink. Doesn't looking like they are making it anymore though :(