Monday, August 8, 2011

Kerrisdale Farmer's Market

Tacos...off the  Wagon
The Kerrisdale Farmers Market opened on Saturday so my friend Heather and I decided to check it out. Bread Affair was there so Heather grabbed a 100 mile loaf and I bought a gorgeous basket of organic heirloom tomatoes. But as tummies were grumbling, we were stopped in our tracks by a beacon of tacodom....



Of course we HAD to get tacos...


I had some delicious roasted yam and black bean tacos and a lime cilantro spritzer (not too sweet!). 


This could be YOU! Shop at the farmers markets.

I had some delicious roasted yam and black bean tacos and a lime cilantro spritzer (not too sweet!). Be sure to check out the market this weekend...and if you aren't shy, go hug a farmer.

Get Local, Folks!
Desiree


1 comment:

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

I can't go to the farmer's market without picking up a loaf from A Bread Affair. The one I got at Coquitlam this past Sunday was almond, quinoa, and date. Very good toasted :)