Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Losing it...the post baby diaries...Sept 21

This weekend was a disaster. Total. Disaster. Progress wise, at least. 


It started Saturday morning, as I was lying in bed. As I laid there in a dreamy waking state, I thought to myself, "Ah...I can work out without having to worry about my little one fussing because my husband will watch him. Hmm...it could be fun to have a Solly's cinnamon bun instead. But I need to get my 4th workout in and I am totally capable of doing it. But I haven't had a cinnamon bun in like 4 months..."


What is strange is that in diet attempts past, I have always had such strong cravings that I routinely cave from the pressure. In the last couple weeks, I have not had cravings at all. I have felt kind of liberated from junk food and relieved not to be eating it anymore. So why my bedhead drove me to stay in my pajamas and send my husband to Solly's, I do not know. But one meal in two weeks would have been a forgivable non-issue. Then lunch with friends was a reasonable (if not ultra health conscious) mushroom omelet (the only veggie option with significant protein) and rye toast and dinner was a "we're running late" portion of leftover thin crust veggie pizza (whole grain crust and lots of veggies, but still pizza) and you now have a total write off day. 


Sunday I managed to claw back a little with a Jamba Juice protein smoothie and a gorgeous Kung Pao tofu and Kale salad dinner....but there was a significant amount of chips consumed in the car mid-road trip. Damn.


So a new week begins and I plan on skipping over the 4 workout week to the 5 workout week that this week should be. And as evidence as my return to the "no junk food plan", here is what I ate today:


Breakfast 2 slices Silver Hills sprouted grain toast with 2 tbsp natural peanut butter and 2 tsp honey. 2 kiwis. 1 cup tea with milk and honey.


Snack decaf Americano with 2 tbsp cream and 2 tsp sugar


Lunch leftover roasted veggies and chickpeas with some mozzarella broiled on top (yum!!). 1 apple


Snack tea with milk and sugar


Dinner Whole wheat macaroni with sauteed zucchini, mushrooms, lemon and feta


Snack Liberte apple pie yogurt with a sprinkle of trail mix and All Bran buds 


In good health,
Desiree

2 comments:

Julie Emerson said...

Dear Desiree,
You were articulate and informative on the Christy Clark interview today. You explained the risks of GMOs, and GE salmon in particular, so we could all understand why it's a very bad idea. Thank you for speaking out about it, especially given that slamon is so important to us in B.C.
thanks! Julie

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

Even your "fall off the plan" day doesn't exactly sound that bad. And hey, even if it's a day, it's not the end of the world, right?